EJBA Government Notes September 2018
- Delgado Community College River City Campus will open this fall focusing on technical skills.
- Medical Marijuana availability has been pushed back to November from September
- According to a Glassdoor.com report, Technology and Healthcare are the highest paying industries. GNO is #1 in the USA growth in Technology (SmartAsset, 2017) and Healthcare jobs. (STAT, 2017).
- A new study from LendingTree has named New Orleans #3 in the USA amongst “cities where young entrepreneurs are making their mark and forming the next wave of million- and even billion-dollar businesses.”
- November 6th are upcoming elections for Secretary of State, and local JP School Board seats. We also have several TAX RENEWALS (NOT A NEW TAX) on the ballot.
- New Orleans and Jefferson Parish have started a Pilot Program allowing bus riders all-day access to ride the route on South Claiborne past South Carrollton ending its route instead at Ochsner Hospital on Jefferson Highway. This gives all passengers a quicker and less expensive trip than having to transfer to a Jefferson Transit line.
- Rail Upgrades for the Lake Pontchartrain Causeway Bridge are back on track after a four month delay. The project should be complete by December 2019.