– Five of the Seven La. constitutional amendments passed including anti-abortion language, oil and gas property assessment, allowance for the state’s rainy day fund, widening the homestead exemption tax break, the handling of unclaimed property and Sports Betting throughout La. parishes.
– La. shoppers will have a Sales Tax holiday on Nov. 20 and 21st.
– The special session did not yield a solution for the Unemployment fund.
– Loyola and Ochsner have created a nursing program for Loyola students.
– Jefferson Parish has received $10 million federal dollars for the Avondale Shipyard cargo dock.
– Amazon Air Daily Cargo service is coming to the New Orleans airport.
– “JustBusiness” website named New Orleans Best City for Small Businesses. Over 95% of all businesses in the US are small businesses.
– La. now allows for outdoor stadiums to open at 50% capacity in parishes where COVID positivity levels remain low.